Market leading insight for tax experts
View online issue

Back to basics: Corporate tax residence

Speed read

UK resident companies are subject to tax on their worldwide profits. A company will be resident in the UK if it is incorporated in the UK, or centrally managed and controlled in the UK. Case law has established the definition of central management and control and there are a number of practical steps which can be followed to ensure that management and control is outside the UK. Dual residence may be dealt with under UK legislation or double tax treaties, but special rules apply to dual resident investing companies.

If you or your firm subscribes to, please click the login box below:

If you do not subscribe but are a registered user, please enter your details in the following boxes:

Alternatively, you can register free of charge to read a limited amount of subscriber content per month.
Once you have registered, you will receive an email directing you back to read this article in full.
Please reach out to customer services at +44 (0) 330 161 1234 or '' for further assistance.